Graduate Assistantship Position at Center for the Study of Global Change
The Center for the Study of Global Change (Global Center) at Indiana University is recruiting one (1) Graduate Assistant (GA) for the 2016-2017 academic year. This GA position includes general program assistance, as well as more focused assistance with the Global Center’s initiatives in broader internationalization, including preparation throughout the year for the Center’s annual Institute for Curriculum and Campus Internationalization.
The GA receives a stipend of at least $15,750 paid in ten installments during the academic year. The GA is expected to work 20 hours per week.
• Qualifications: The ideal candidates will be flexible, hard-working, and will have strong organizational skills and work experience. Familiarity with international, trans-regional, and/or global issues and trends in any discipline(s) is ideal. ABD preferred.
• General program assistance will require skills in information technologies, event planning, communication, outreach, research, and website management.
• Assistance with the Global Center’s internationalization efforts will necessitate an academic or experiential background in the internationalization of K-12 and higher education, outreach, research, and community programming.
To apply, candidates should send
• a statement of interest that includes how they could contribute to the Global Center;
• a CV, including contact information for three (3) references;
Completed application materials should be submitted electronically to Deborah Piston-Hatlen by e-mail (email@example.com) by 5:00 pm Monday, July 18, 2016.
Review of applications will begin upon receipt. For out of town applicants, interviews can be conducted by Skype, but not by phone.
Please direct any questions to Deborah Piston-Hatlen, Global Center Programs and Grants Specialist: firstname.lastname@example.org or 812-856-0532.
Please note that this GA position is conditional upon funding approval.