THE GRADUATE DIVERSITY FELLOWS PROGRAM
The Diversity and Inclusion team in the University Graduate School is charged with the recruitment and retention of underrepresented graduate students and works collaboratively with current faculty, staff and students to further their work. This program is hiring two graduate assistants for diversity recruitment and retention initiatives. Each fellow will have the opportunity to engage in the life of the campus through developing and supporting campus programming for the recruitment of prospective students and the retention of current students. Requirements of fellows include excellent communication skills and desire to provide support and assistance to people of diverse cultural, socioeconomic, and educational backgrounds.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Applicants should submit the following:
- Cover letter (One page maximum) that specifically describes your academic training, professional experiences, and professional/personal commitment to promoting diversity at Indiana University)
- Curriculum Vitae (highlighting relevant professional experiences and accomplishments)
All application materials (Cover letter and CV/resume) should be submitted electronically to
Dr. Bianca Evans, Assistant Dean, Diversity and Inclusion (email@example.com ).
COMPENSATION: The position, starting in late summer or fall 2016, will have a .50% FTE (i.e., 20 hours per week) for the 2016-17 academic year and is eligible for student health insurance. The salary will be $17,000. A fee remission for fall and spring is available.
- Assists with program development, implementation and assessment for underrepresented graduate student recruitment and retention efforts.
- Attends on-campus/off-campus recruitment events (e.g. serve on panels, give tours or meet one-to-one with prospective graduate students) as a representative of the University Graduate School.
- Assists in the development and distribution of educational materials (reports, presentations, etc.) related to University Graduate School diversity efforts
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
The preferred deadline for applications is Friday, July 15, 2016.
If you have questions before submitting your materials, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail: University Graduate School
1320 E. 10th Street, Room E546
Bloomington, IN 47405