Co-director of College-Age Adults
First United Methodist Church of Bloomington (four blocks from Indiana University) is looking for an enthusiastic, Christ-centered leader who will facilitate a college ministry.
This position entails being responsible for the direction, leadership and growth of Jubilee, the college-aged ministry of First United Methodist Church. This person will work in collaboration with another co-director, the pastoral staff, and an assistant, and will supervise a team of paid student interns working through a two-year vocational discernment program. One of the primary areas of focus will be the creation and implementation of an effective small group ministry for Jubilee.
• Developing, leading, and delegating programming that articulates the vision of the church community and engages college-age adults in the ongoing discernment and accomplishment of the vision
• Development, implementation, and growth of college small group ministry
• Helping students to transition from passive attendants to excited and active Christ-followers who are using their unique gifts and talents to build the Kingdom of God
• Preaching/teaching semi-regularly at college gatherings
• Active participation at First United Methodist Church
• Mentoring and spiritual guidance
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Energetic and passionate in dealing with college-age adults
• Experienced and sensitive in dealing with the emotional and developmental needs of youth and college-age adults
• Deals effectively with conflict
• Able to place and lead programming, while building teams of volunteers to help support and run programs
• Well-developed interpersonal and organizational skills
• Excellent relational skills; able to communicate one-on-one and in large groups with people of all ages
Position is part time. Must have Wednesday evening and Sunday morning availability. Resume and references required. Desired start date is mid-July 2016.
Please submit resume with references by June 17th to Shari Sprinkle at email@example.com.